Welcome to Vaasa!
Good luck with your new studies! On this page you will find useful information about starting your studies.
- Enrol at the university by paying the student union membership fee
- Become a member of Warrantti ry. By becoming a member of Warrantti you automatically become a member of the Suomen Ekonomit
- Get your electronic student card through the Pivo service
- Find an apartment in Vaasa. Get started here
- Apply for student financial aid
- Read Wykyzine’s freshman publication
- Follow Warrantti at social media @warranttiry (Instagram, Facebook, TikTok)
First weeks are full of events organized by tutors and student organizations. Here is the dates for freshman events of the fall of 2023. (More events will be announced later)
Studying at Vaasa
In the first year at the University of Vaasa, all new students study basic studies in each major subject. All students will therefore learn the basics of economics, accounting, finance, management, marketing and business law.
In the spring of the first year, the choice of the major is made through an application procedure. Some majors are so popular that there may not be room for all applicants. In such cases, selection is based on academic merit.